2016: “The Climate of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean” led by Cecilia Bitz, UW Atmospheric Sciences.
- Available Presentations (all as pdf’s <10MB):
- Public Lecture
- Andrew Thompson, Caltech, “Taking the Circumpolar out of the Antarctic Circumpolar Current: the ACC and the overturning circulation” Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5
- David Thompson, Colorado State University “Large scale atmospheric variability in the latitudes of the Southern Hemisphere: What we know and what we don’t” Part 1 and Part 2
- Dargan Frierson, University of Washington “A chill felt ’round the world? The role of Antarctica in the global climate system” Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
- Amelia Shevenell, University of South Florida “Antarctica reveals its climate secrets” Part 1 and Part 2.
- Louis Sime, British Antarctic Survey “The Last Interglacial (LIG) in Antarctic Ice Cores”
- Michelle Koutnik, University of Washington “Accumulation-rate changes through the Holocene from ice-core records and radar data” Part 1 and Part 2.
2015: “Terrestrial Ecosystems, Land Surface, and Climate Change” led by Abby Swann, UW Atmospheric Sciences, Biology.
2014: “Climate Variability and Uncertainty” led by Dargan Frierson, UW Atmospheric Sciences.
2013: “Response of Marine Ecosystems to Climate Forcing: Causes and Consequences” led by Julie Keister, UW Oceanography.
2012: “Atmosphere-Ocean-Ice Shelf Interactions.” led by Eric Steig (ESS) and Mark Warner (Oceanography).
2011: “The Water Cycle in a Changing Climate” led by Chris Bretheron (ATM S), Eric Steig (ESS), Jessica Lundquist (Civil/Environmental Engineering), & Dargan Frierson (ATM S).
2010: “Climate Feedbacks.” led by Dargan Frierson, UW Atmospheric Sciences.
2009: “Pacific Northwest Climate: Past, Present and Future.” led by Nate Mantua (SAFS).
2008: “Does Ocean Circulation Matter for Climate Change?” led by LuAnne Thompson, Julian Sachs and David Battisti.
2007:”Couplings Between Changes in the Climate System and Biogeochemistry” led by Jim Murray, Oceanography.
2006: “Anthropogenic CO2 Emissions: Projections, Mitigating Technologies and Policies” led by Chris Bretherton (UW Atmospheric Sciences).
2005: “El Nino: Past, Present and Future” led by Jim Murray (Oceanography) and Curtis Deutsch (Oceanography).
2004: “The Year of the Arctic” led by Peter Rhines (UW Oceanography), Cecilia Bitz (APL), Jim Murray (UW Oceanography), & Jamie Morison (APL).
2003: “Rapid Climate Change and Land-Surface Climate Interactions” led by Jim Murray (UW Oceanography).
2002: “Development of PCC Science Themes” led by Jim Murray (UW Oceanography).